Electrical Wiring in the Home/light flickers

I have a new build home (>1 yr old). I've recently noticed that when I start the dryer, the lights on the 2nd and 3rd floors (dryer is on 3rd floor) quickly dim for a second, then seem to return to normal.

I am currently doing my 1 yr home warranty inspection and the builder said this is not an issue as, "That's typical of large appliances depending on how many fixtures are wired to that circuit."

My question: is this not a big deal or something I should be concerned about? If it warrants further inspection, would the issue fall under any of these warranty categories (which are listed for "electrical"):

5.1 Circuit breakers trip excessively.

5.2 Outlets, switches or fixtures malfunction.

5.3 Wiring fails to carry specified load.

Electric Dryer? 240 volt or 120 volt?
Sounds like builder is talking through his hat.
Dryer should have no relation to lighting. I would want to know more about wiring practices used.
Did builder provide dryer or is it one you bought or brought with you?
Send photo of panel circuit directory.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber

Licensed Philadelphia electrician serving Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania. I install and repair residential, commercial and industrial wiring and lighting. Troubleshooting and repair of problems that stump other people is my favorite. I am willing to help people figure out why things don`t work. I understand motor controls, transformers and machine wiring. I do not teach basics to novices or do free design work.

Experience in the area I have 44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair, 480 volts and below. This is not to be confused with one week repeated two thousand times.

44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair