Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring

Question
Hi robert: I have a switch at one door and another switch at another door both control a lamp in the corner. The lamp switch is one you have to turn the switch twice to turn on with a cfl bulb. the lamp switch is on all the time and both wall switches have to be on for the lamp to be on. to turn it off you switch off one of the wall switched. But sometimes it seems with some combination of turning the wall switches on and off results I have to turn the lamp switch on twice "again" to get the lamp on.
What is going on, is the wiring all right.
thanks

Answer
This sounds like one of those ones where I need to talk with you.

I don't understand why you have to turn the fixture switch on twice to make the lamp light, nor why there are two off switches and quite how that works.

It might help if you could tell me what type of switches they were, but that would possibly require some disassembly and evaluation of the wiring connections. Also, tell me more about this fixture that needs special treatment with the CFL lamp. That sounds curious as well.

Maybe sends me photos for a start.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber