Electrical Wiring in the Home/power
I have a Dura flame space heater been working fine no problems but yesterday when I turned on lights in my bedroom went dim and also I noticed my power strip red light went off the heater is on and out let all by itself the minute I turned heater off everything went back to normal
Space heaters use a lot of power, and use pretty much all the capacity of the circuit. Perhaps this time, something else was on that you were not aware of. One circuit usually covers several rooms. The only other possibility is that it burned a wire loose somewhere in the circuit and the space heater ended up going in series with the rest of the circuit.
You can take the heater into the kitchen, where there is less on each circuit and test it out. You can also try plugging something else into the strip and see if it works properly (indicating that no wires burned through).
I am not a fan of space heaters, because of the strain it puts on the electrical system.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here