Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring

Question
I am changing 2 florescent lights to a series of recessed lights. Existing wiring: 2 wh & 1 blk (together connected to 1st fixture w/a single wh leg going to 2nd fix.; 2 blk connected to 1st fix.; 1 single black sw leg (only hot w/sw in on position connect to 2nd fix.

How to I wire my recessed light in a series?

Thank you.

Answer
It's hard to tell where the wires go to, so the easiest way is to take a picture of the wires and label the wires. What is in the first fixture will go into a junction box. The black and white recess fixture at the first box will wire exactly like the black and white wires of the current fixture. At the second fixture, the wire can go to the second recess fixture.  At that fixture, all of the whites should connect together, and all of the blacks.  You would just tap any additional fixtures from the second light, and keep the whites together and the blacks together.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle