Electrical Wiring in the Home/bathroom gfic replacing outlet

replaced outlet with a gfic receptacle this box also has a switch for overhead light everything was working fine before the switch and receptable was replaced gfic works but when you use the switch it trips the gfic  I know the wiring is wrong some place but I hope you can help me

There is probably a ground fault with the light.  Either the light is connected to the ground, or the neutral is connected to another circuit.  However, the light is not required to be on the GFCI circuit.  So the wire for the light should not be connected to the load side of the GFCI.

If the GFCI was connected where only the switch was connected, and there is only two wires coming from one cable, you can't connect an outlet there.

If this doesn't help, ask a follow up question and give me more details what was there, and what you added, and what is on the circuit.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.