Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical wiring diagram

Question
What I have right now
What I have right now  
QUESTION: So I am on a 20 amp line and the power goes straight to a 2 gang box which contains 2 switches.  The 2 switches go to the garbage disposal in the sink and a drop light over the sink.  Then from the switch the line continues to 2 wall outlets.  1 is for the microwave and the other is a standard outlet.  I was just look for a second opinion/wiring diagram.  

In the picture the bottom left wire is the power and the 2 outlets are farther down the wall to the right

ANSWER: What is the question?

Having a garbage disposal, 2 outlets, and one microwave on one circuit is not a good idea.

QUESTION: Thank you for your time and I understand that is the case.  The wiring is preexisting from 1964 and we haven't had any issues yet.  Is there a way to accomplish this and keep it within code?

Answer
Not to modern code, no.

If the microwave is the kind that is above the stove with hood built in, it needs it's own 20 amp circuit.

Modern code has kitchen outlets on alternating circuits. In other words, the first outlet would be on a 20 amp circuit, the next outlet would be a different 20 amp circuit, the next outlet after that would be on the same circuit as the first outlet, etc.

There are good reasons for the updates to the codes, and if you are doing any remodel or adding anything I suggest you go with the new codes for safety reasons.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes