Electrical Wiring in the Home/Doorbell wire

Question
QUESTION: I have a doorbell wire that doesn't have enough room to strip with standard tool. How would you tackle this?

Thanks, John

ANSWER: Insufficient information.
Explain circumstances. Send photo.

Wire
Wire  
QUESTION: Photo attached

Answer
You're right. It's too short.
And how would you attach it even if you could strip it?

Wire probably comes through the stud straight into door trim.
Transformer in basement? Can you see where wire goes up at front door?
Open the wall at the height of the doorbell button and pull wire back. Move button a few inches higher or lower, depending on direction wire comes from. Leave a little slack in the wall so you don't have to do this again.
Patch wall and door trim.
Paint
Piece of cake
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber