Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical Code question

I am owner non-occupant of a residential house in Minnesota and have the house for sale.  I am not a licensed electrician, but I have experience with home electrical repairs and completely wired my home in North Dakota several years ago and passed State inspection with no difficulty.  There is an ugly ceiling light in one of the bedrooms of this Minnesota house I would like to remove.  (There are switched outlets so lamps can be lit via switch.)  Am I legally qualified to remove the light fixture?  I know it's a simple task.

Unfortunately, what is legal varies from one locality to another.  The only way to find out for sure is to call your local building code office. I think most people would do it anyway, but with the house for sale, you may be under pressure to do it legally.  Sorry I could not give you a more specific answer.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.