Electrical Wiring in the Home/LED lighting

Question
Hello: I have a four bulb ceiling fixture with a dimmer switch on the wall.There is a sticker on the fixture warning not to use more than 60 watt bulbs.I was wondering if it would be safe to use 100 watt equivalent dimmable LED bulbs in this fixture.I assume you will approve,as the LEDs only draw a fraction of the current of incandescents.Thanks!

Answer
It's not the power draw that causes problems, it is the heat from the bulbs. As long as the 100 watt LED bulbs produce less heat, you are OK, which I assume it would be.

But LED bulbs do not dim well.  Some are not made to be dimmed, and those that are made to be dimmed usually do not get very dim.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle