Electrical Wiring in the Home/Running wire in crawlspace

I am relocating my washer and dryer into a closet in the hallway. I will need to run a 10/3 and 2 12/2 wires. Can I staple the wires to the floor joists or do I need to bore holes. If I bore holes can I run all 3 wires through the same hole?

It is best to drill holes.  Although there is nothing in the national code about how many wires, drilling several smaller holes would be better for the strength of the joists. You can also run boards to go across the joists and staple the wires to that.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.