Electrical Wiring in the Home/Basement Sub Panel Dispute

Sub Panel 1
Sub Panel 1  

Sub Panel 2
Sub Panel 2  
HiBob. I am finishing my basement and I am at the electrical stage. I purchased a sub panel a few years ago in anticipation of getting to this point in the construction stage. I attached a pic of the sub panel I purchased. An electrician friend of mine indicated that the panel is insufficient whereas the electrician in Home Depot (he's also an electrician) said what I have is just fine. Can you referee on this one? Thanks.

Without all the information, a 125 amp panel should be big enough for most situations. Perhaps if you had a very large basement with electric heat and a big workshop, it would not be enough.  However, it does not have a main breaker, so you may not be able to turn off all of the power fast enough. I would ask the person saying no, why he feels the panel is not the correct one.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.