Electrical Wiring in the Home/Blown fuse
I have a 3 part globe chandelier in my dining room my boyfriend had tried to take one globe sort to clean and it wasn't going back together properly. Stupidly I tried screwing back together when power was on not only did I get shocked it sparked and I smelled a bit of burn. After that a circuit was definitely tripped since my other kitchen light and cable/internet will not go back on. I have tried resetting our apartment circuit breaker but those areas are still not coming on. Any suggestions? I'm worried my landlord won't cover this and scared to leave for work tomorrow if we can have an electrical fire. Since said light fixture is still there.
Turn off the light switch and try resetting your breaker by first turning it all the way off (it should make a snapping noise) and then back on.
If it trips right away you will have to leave it off until the light fixture can be fixed.
If it stays on then you need to leave the light switch off until the light fixture can be fixed.
Either way, the fixture needs to be fixed.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here