Electrical Wiring in the Home/In-Wall timer

Question
I have 2 outdoor lights controlled by a double wall switch inside the house. I bought a timer that says it is for a single gang wall box. Aside from the plate being a different size, are there any real dangers from wiring both lights to my one timer? I couldn't find a timer for a double gang wall box anywhere. Thanks for your time.

Answer
The only possible thing I could think of is perhaps a heat factor, but as long as you do not put 2 timers in the box, I can't see where it would be a problem. If there is a customer service department, you can call and ask why. Make sure that the total load of the lights do not exceed the rating of the timer.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle