Electrical Wiring in the Home/Additional single pole switch to existing 3 way switch setup

I'm installing a ceiling fan in a room where there is a light on a three way switch. Is it possible to tap into that switch and add in a separate single pole switch just for the fan without tapping it all together?

No, not unless the power enters at that switch. The power could enter at that switch, the other switch, or at the light. You would have to put a test light carefully on the odd colored screw plus on the ground wire, and it would have to stay on, no matter what the switches are set at.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.