Electrical Wiring in the Home/20 amp outlet

Question
I bought a tanning bed, it uses 110 but needs a 20amp wall outlet.I purchased the 20amp wall outlet, but i noticed the breaker in the breaker box for that particular outlet is a 15amp breaker.
Does the circuit breaker for that room need to be a 20amp breaker or will a 15amp be ok?

Answer
You risk starting a fire by connecteing a 20 amp appliance to a 15 amp circuit. You can not change the breaker without changing the wire. That is the quickest way to start a fire. You will need an electrician to change the wire, then change the breaker. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle