Electrical Wiring in the Home/Outdoor lights timer

I have two outdoor lights currently controlled by a double wall switch in the house. I would like to put both on a timer. Can I put 2 switches on the same timer or can each timer only handle one switch? Also, are there switch covers to accommodate the change either way? Thanks for your time.

Yes, you can put both on one timer, as long as the two lights combined do not exceed the rating of the timer, which is unlikely.  One wire should go to both switches, this is your feed (line) wire. The other two black wires should go to the lights, which you would connect together and connect to the load side of timer.  I am not sure what kind of plate your timer takes, but you can get all kids of switch plates from electrical supply houses, or online.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.