Electrical Wiring in the Home/Outside lights

I have an outside shelter that i run 3 8foot floresent light. When not in use i keep switch off. Witch is most of the time. I went to turn them on and none come on.i looked at all my brakers none were triped so i went to the switch thinking it might be bad. With new switch in and haveing power at switch i still have no lights.have you ever had 6 builds go at one time or even maybe 3 balest blow dont have a clue as to why all 3 are not working. ordered new bulds to try that. But i do t know why if there blown why all 3 at once and i have no noise at them when switch is on been up withno trouble for 2 years now.

I suppose a surge could have damaged all of the lights, but most likely there is a wire not making a connection. If you are sure you have power at the switch, then check for power at each of the lights. Sometimes if the white wire is not making contact, you will still get a glow from a small tester.  So, it would be best to use a 60 watt light bulb in a socket, and use that as a tester. Make sure one wire connects to black, and one to white. If you get power with black and ground, but not to black and white, then a white wire is loose somewhere.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.