Electronic Components/Cell Phone / Smart Phone Battery Recharging.

Question
Cell Phone Battery
Cell Phone Battery  
Dear Deirdre

1. Can Cell Phone Battery Excess charging through Adapter decrease Battery Life or in extreme case damage the battery permanently ?

2. Is it possible through an software application / program in a Smartphone or Cell Phone Device to generate audible alarm sounds to indicate that the Battery is fully charged and no more charging further is required ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Modern batteries are less likely to suffer problems from over-charging as the charging cycle is managed by a circuit built into the battery. Lead-acid and NiCd batteries used to have no internal charging circuitry, and these were susceptible to over-charging, but the newer Li-Ion batteries have a small circuit board built into the case that manages the charging cycle.

Electronic Components

Deirdre Hebert