Electronic Components/Memory in an MP4 player vs in a cell-phone.

Question
I have been told that the storage mean in an MP4 player, dedicated only to play music, videos, etc BUT without the possibility of being a phone, is more robust than the storage mean of a cell-phone that can also play music and videos. Is that true? How is better?
Thanks,
Leonardo

Answer
I'm not sure what you mean by "robust", but the memory in a cell-phone or mp3 / mp4 player is identical. The only difference between memory in a cell phone or mp3 / mp4 player is that there is more to "remember" in a cell phone. The cell phone will store ring-tones, text messages, photos and videos recorded by the user and other data. But it is by no means less "robust". It's the same type of integrated circuit in both applications.

Electronic Components

Deirdre Hebert