Electronic Components/Remote control device for Laptops, Desktops.

Question
Dear Ernesto

1. Can a remote control device can be built for a Laptops and Desktops ?. i.e. Is it technically feasible to built a remote control similar to a Television set remote control device ?.

The remote control device will have functions such as power on/off the laptop, desktop devices, restart/reboot, shutdown, accessing  BIOS Setup program, accessing specific applications/programs etc.

2. Do you feel a remote control device for Laptops, Desktop computers if designed and manufactured can be useful to the consumer market ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
No the tablets are close there is no need for a remote, and not only that windows makes a remote for  Vista XP and Windows 7

VERY CHEAP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-PC-Laptop-Remote-Control-Media-Center-Controller-For

Electronic Components

Ernesto Ruesta