Electronic Components/Integrated Portable Digital Oscilloscope and Multimeter

QUESTION: Dear Deirdre

Will it be useful to integrate/combine Portable Digital Oscilloscope and Digital Multimeter into a single Product ?

i.e. Combining functions of Oscilloscope and Multimeter in a single device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Scopemeters already do all of these functions. In addition to the oscilloscope, they measure volts, current, resistance, etc.

QUESTION: Dear Deirdre

Thank you.

Do you feel the Portable Network Analyzer device and Scopemeter if integrated in a single device could be useful to the consumer market ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

That would depend on the type of network analyzer you're talking about.
If you are talking about an Ethernet network analyzer, I'd say no.
But if you're talking about Vector network analysis, there may be a usefulness to that - but it would be limited. RF measurements and analysis are not something that most people interested in electronics are interested in. It's a very small subset of engineers and technicians who often work with RF, transmission lines and antennas.

Electronic Components

Deirdre Hebert

I can answer most questions regarding electronic components, what they are and how to use them.

I worked for a number of years in the electronic component testing industry, designing and building automated test equipment for the electronic manufacturing industry.

Numerous technical manuals for the equipment we built.

UNH, CCAF and others

General Electric, Motorola, Ford, Sensonor and others.