Electronic Components/Background Photo Image/s Capture.

Question
Digital Camera
Digital Camera  
QUESTION: Dear Deirdre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera

1.Is it possible to capture/take background photos similarly when we look in a mirror. i.e. Through Mirror camera lens, we are able to view background i.e. objects which are behind us at a distance.

As a example,

Trees, Trains, Ships etc.

2. Can there be any advantages for a camera constructed by increasing the Camera Height to give us twice the area of the camera rectangle. i.e. Top Rectangle and Bottom Rectangle. The Viewing Glass and Lens are present on both the sides of the camera but they are diagonally opposite. The Top Rectangle will be the same as attached in the figure. The Bottom Rectangle will have the Lens on the opposite side of the Top Rectangle and viewing image glass will be on the opposite side of the Top rectangle. Both are diagonally opposite ?.

i.e. One can Hold Digital Camera from either side and take photos.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: This question deals with optics, and is outside the scope of electronic components.
Please keep your questions at least marginally related to electronic components.
Thank you.

QUESTION: Dear Deirdre

Thank you.

Sorry for this, have i missed this point ?.

If i rotate the camera i.e. the Lens on my side and LCD Viewing Screen
on the back side, hold the camera away from my body, it will capture back/rear images. Isn't it ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant,
The point is that this forum is for "electronic components". The optical elements of a camera don't deal with the electronic components. I try to be flexible, and will occasionally answer questions about a digital camera or stereo receiver, but only when it at least remotely deals with the electronic components inside the device. But the position of the optical elements is an optical, rather than electronic question.

So in order to keep the proper focus here at All Answers, I can't answer the optical questions. I do believe there is a forum dedicated to photography, and there are devices that let a photographer take a photo of what is behind them. But, again, these things don't deal with "electronic components" in any way, so I can't answer them here.  

Electronic Components

Deirdre Hebert