Electronic Payment/PayPal & Credit Card / Bank Account

Question

I'm 16 and have a PayPal account. My PayPal account recently hit the sending limit of $2,000 (meaning I can't send any more money) and the limit is lifted next month.

I can't remember the age I used to sign up on PayPal, since I did it about 5 years ago (and didn't use my real age).

I'm in the UK. Would it be okay to make a bank account (which I'm perfectly legal for) and link that bank account to the PayPal account to remove the sending limit? I would obviously have to use my real age for my bank account.

So my question is; do PayPal get the age on my bank account? So if I made a bank account and hooked it up, would PayPal be able to see that my ages are different?

What do you recommend?

Thanks.

Answer
George, you should be able to increase your sending limit by linking your bank account to your PayPal account.  After PayPal verifies your account (which may take a couple of days and a phone call to further verify you) your account's sending limit should increase. Also, this is a common business practice that PayPal uses to protect it's users.  Also, a bank will not disclose personal information about their depositors, so age should not be a factor. Hope this helps you out.

Electronic Payment

Beecher B. Henderson Jr.