Electronic Payment/Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines for Transport Sector.

Question
Taxicab
Taxicab  
Credit Card Billing Machine
Credit Card Billing Ma  
QUESTION: Dear Thomas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card_terminal‎.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport.‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicab.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_sale

Are Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines available in market ?. Can they be fixed in Transport media viz cars, buses, trucks etc.

Do you feel Wireless Credit Card Billing Machines installation in the Taxicab, Private vehicles could be useful to the Vehicle owners to accept payments from passengers as an alternative
payment mode to cash payments ?.

Do you feel initially the taxicab, bus, vans etc business owners
will be reluctant to install the portable Credit card billing product in their vehicles as there may arise some doubts in their minds regarding security aspects ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hello Prashant,

Wireless credit card terminals are available in two popular forms. One type of wireless terminal is very similar to a standard credit card terminal but instead of using a dial-up phone line or high speed internet cable to send the transaction data, you can insert a SIM card with a data plan to connect to a satellite network. This way is relatively effective but comes with a higher up front cost and should be considered only when you plan to use other features like electronic gift cards or pin-based debit.

The alternative method which is becoming increasingly popular is to use a mobile credit card reader that can turn a smartphone into a mobile reader. This way you can bypass the need to purchase a separate data plan and SIM card by using one you already have for your cell phone plan. Since you are using a cell phone to replace the credit card terminal, you are also saving money by avoiding the cost of a full featured machine. You can simply download an app from the Android or iOS marketplace.

One key difference between the two, however, is the full featured terminal has a receipt printing capability which the smartphone option does not. In order to make up for this, the smartphone apps are designed to capture a signature through reading a signature initiated through the touchscreen of the phone and collecting the customer's e-mail address. Once the signature is capture, an electronic receipt is then sent to customer and the merchant.

Many wireless credit card machines for taxicabs in New York City have MANY additional features, are embedded into the seats, and can be VERY expensive. They help to entertain the passenger during the ride and fully automate the payment process. If you are a private owner of a fleet of cars, I do not recommend getting the full featured equipment unless you have a very successful or prestigious company and you would simply like to look state-of-the-art compared to your competition.

I do recommend that you accept credit cards as a form of payment because most people insist on using credit or debit only and you will lose customers if people are not aware that you accept or know that you do not accept.

QUESTION: Dear Thomas

Thank you.

We find mostly Credit Card Billing Machines installed in Retail outlets, Restaurants, Hotels.

As you mention the wireless credit cared billing machines could be useful if installed in Taxi Cabs, Buses, Vans. i.e. Travel/Transport Sector.

Which other sectors do you find those machines will be useful for the consumers ?.

For example : Entertainment Industry - Cinema / Movies Halls, Auditoriums - Paying for Tickets purchased, Hospitals - Paying Hospital bills on discharge etc.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

There are thousands of different industry types and many of them will benefit from accepting credit cards. Accepting credit cards helps business operations in three major ways. It helps make accepting payments easier. Customers who use credit or debit cards spend more money on average. It helps to ensure that customers pay in a timely manner.

In the cinema and auditorium industry, paying for tickets purchased allows your customers to buy from you while remaining in the comfort of their own home. They don't have to travel to a box office and hand cash over. Hospitals benefit by being able to take a large payment upfront through a credit card because most people don't carry around significant amounts of cash.

Good luck with your research!

Electronic Payment

Thomas Waters