Electronic Payment/Online Credit Card set-up

I have a WordPress website with a storefront provided by a plugin called, WooCommerce. My business is just starting (no online orders yet). My bank recommended that I hook up with something called, Payeezy. I have zero understanding of these matters. Does it make sense for me to have both WooCommerce AND Payeezy, or are they both providing me with basically the same services?

Hi Dave,

Think of it like this, WooCommerce is designed to help you make your site easy for your visitors to navigate and shop. Payeezy is a gateway that hooks on to WooCommerce to secure your visitors' cardholder information and authorize payment. You will still need a merchant account (billed separately) to make everything work.

So WooCommerce is the way you customize your user experience. Payeezy is the part that secures and packages your customer's data. Your merchant account communicates that data to the banks for authorization and settlement.

Payeezy is the solution for First Data merchant accounts. It's a very solid product with a lot of features. Just don't get gouged on your fees. If, down the line, you are ready for a gateway and merchant account, you can send me a copy of your agreement so I can make sure you don't get locked into an expensive and lengthy contract.

Good luck!

Electronic Payment

Thomas Waters

I can answer questions related to setting up any form of electronic payment with the least amount of risk and the lowest fees. Specialties include but are not limited to: Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Electronic Checks, Gift Cards, ACH funds, and Merchant Cash Advances. I know how to reduce your risk, get your funds settled in your bank account faster, avoid surcharges, and reconcile your fees. I can't answer questions on how to boost your credit score or get approved for a credit card.

For the past 9 years, I have helped over 1,000 entrepreneurs, CFO's, Accountants, and Office Managers make sense of their electronic payment programs. I've conducted thousands of rate reduction analyses, charge-back protection, point-of-sale process engineering, e-Commerce Gateway set-up, virtual Terminal set-up and network conversions.

Delta Sigma Pi - International Business Fraternity

SUNY at Albany Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology Management and Marketing