Electronics/ARDUINO using USBASP

Question
Hello,

I am a newbie in AVR series microcontrollers. With the help of my usbasp programmer, AVR Studio & Extremeburner I can write & burn programs in the ATMEGA8. Now I want to try some Arduino sketches to be programmed in a fresh ATMEGA8 (8MHz internal oscillator set ) with the help of my existing USBasp serial programmer.

The resources I have...
1. Usbasp hardware
2. Fresh ATMEGA8 with internal oscillator set @ 8 MHz
3. Arduino software 1.0.3

What should I do now..? Iam trying to test some simple Arduino projects.
The arduino software is not being installed after clicking the Application icon. It only shows the Arduino logo & suddenly disappears.

Kindly help me find the way.

Regards...

Answer
Thanks for interesting question.

I am not expert with this product.  However, I found this tutorial web page that may possible have the answers you are seeking.  At least it will help you in loading up the software and it also contains some program instructions which are beneficial in how the system works.

There are links and comments at the bottom that may be useful as well.

Good Luck:

ARDUINO using USBASP

http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/09/30/how-to-program-arduino-by-using-avr-usb  

Electronics

ZZ