Electronics/Impedance and Admittance of Series/Parallel RLC Circuit

hello its me again. thanks a bunch for the lecture bout the past topics, it helped me a lot. and onto my next questions :)
1. where is series rlc and parallel rlc applied basically?

2. how does an inductor and capacitor affect the phase angle of the total impedance of rlc circuit?

3. how does frequency affects the impedance and admittance of reactive elements inductor and capacitor?

1.  RLC are used where frequency selective circuits are needed. A classical example is a radio tuner which must select a certain frequency or channel.  In any radio communications circuits a tuning circuit is necessary to receive the wanted signal.  There are many other uses.  For example, a distortion meter must be able to select the fundamental frequency and its harmonics in order to compute the distortion figure.

2.  RLC circuits have phase shifted by the reactive components, inductors and capacitors.  The impedance and phase angle are frequency dependent.  Following is a real nice explanation and calculator for a series RLC circuit.  You can google for parallel circuit, also.‌hbase/electric/rlcser.html

3.  The above web site shows how the impedance can change with frequency.  Notice the impedance or reactance the capacitor goes down as frequency goes up; but in the inductor reactance or impedance goes up with frequency.  This gives rise to resonance when the two have the same reactance.  Below is a good example of resonance or when in a series circuit the frequency is such that the reactance of the inductor and capacitor are the same.  Look at what happens as the frequency goes above and below the resonance point.

wishing you well.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota