Electronics/Battery Power Supply 1.5V from 6V

Question
I have a small remote open/close sensor (Smart Home Triggerlinc) that runs on a 1.5VDC AA battery. I would like to place it in another another component that has a 6VDC battery pack. (4 C batteries) The sensor seems to draw 4.5 ma when triggered and .13 ma when at rest with the 1.5 VDC. Can I use a resistor, or do I need some sort of regulator? Should I just tap into one of the C batteries?
Thanks.

Answer
Better not use dropping resistor because the voltage will go high when at rest and could cause damage to the sensor in the long run.

Best solution is its own battery.  If you don't have room in the box you could hang it out in its own battery pack compartment.

Tapping into the first C cell is a good solution also, but you must monitor battery age well knowing that cell number one is going to expire first.

Best wishes.  

Electronics

ZZ