Electronics/NewsPaper Printing Press Machine.

1. Can NEWSPAPER PRINTING PRESS MACHINE DESIGN be taken as part of Final year project work for Mechanical or Electronics or Electrical Engineering Degree students ?.

i.e. Which Engineering Discipline can be most suitable for taking this project work in their final year ?.

2. What could be the rough estimation of Investments required
for setting up a Newspaper Printing Press Factory ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: 1.  Depends entirely on your professor managing the final year project. Seems like a strange project choice because the examples you gave are relatively old technology.  It is most likely a mechanical engineering related project - unless you want to focus on new electronic printing technologies that are being used for low volume printing.  It is a very wide topic area.

2.  Estimating investment for printing factory is related to scale of printing volume.  For daily newspaper with 100,000 print circulation the cost is enormous. I don't think you want to hear how much it would cost!  Really big investment.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

In case, the engineering college decided to go for this project
with the latest technologies in their own workshop (Mechanical, Production, Industrial engineering disciplines), this could be expensive for Budget
funding ?.

Executing this project in their own college, infrastructure
(tools, raw materials, books etc) will be provided by the engineering
college instead of executing at a Manufacturing firm.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I refer you to the answer provided this same question by Cleggsan in Electrical Engineering.

I agree in principle with his assessment of the depth and scope of the project.

In addition I suggest you look at google with search terms such as "printing press emerging technology" and pay particular attention to 3-D printing technology.

There are movements in high speed ink and laser printing that are growing out of computer printout areas that may be suitable for low cost high volume printing required by printing press work in mass printing solutions.  Much work is going on in these fields.

An investigation into the status of 3-D printing for the common newspaper may be a smart area to explore.  

Hoping this helps you in identifying an area of exploration.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota