Electronics/Cell Phone Voice Recorder.

All incoming calls and outgoing calls are to be recorded made to
a cellphone device consumer from land line (wired) and cellphones, smartphones (wireless) devices.

i.e. The consumer can later on play all the calls received and send with the called date and time i.e. audio files.

The above devices mentioned in the link interfaced with the Cell Phone / smartphone device can solve the consumer business needs ?.

Software applications for voice recording on cellphones, smartphones can also address these business needs ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: I don't know if such a product that you have described is available but the technology and software systems are well known.  There are also software for voice recognitions that will convert the voice to text so that the user of such a device could either listen to or read the conversations that were recorded.

and you can google around for other such solutions.

I think your question is if their is a market need for the product features you describe.  It will need a market research effort to see how potential users might appreciate such a device, don't you think?  Implementation is the question at hand.  To devise such a service for cellular communication devices is easy and for land line is easy but to integrate both services into one recorder is the problem because of one fixed location and the other  a mobile location.  The problem then is how to put them both on one playback method in proper time sequence.

Good Luck to you this day.

Thank you.

I Feel this is a critical Business application for all wireless phone devices.

As a example, Businessman interacts with so many people via voice calls
apart from personal calls viz Existing clients, Prospective clients, vendors, suppliers, employees, partners etc. The calls made from his side and the calls which he receives are to be logged in call recording hardware device which is externally interfaced with the wireless phone device.

Call recording software applications built for the wireless phone devices which will record and playback those calls later.

In Fact, i feel this feature is useful for all the consumers who have purchased the wireless phone device.

In terms of second solution, the wireless call recording device (another gadget) will register the consumer wireless cellphone number will work on bluetooth technology, but the consumer has to carry every time along with his cellphone device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Already, service providers for cellular and mobile operations include service for recording incoming messages; it is not a big leap of software to have it record all messages and conversations.  But that does not take advantage of land line phone.

Also, there is a privacy matter of recording conversations when the other party has not been so informed that the conversation is being recorded.  This is especially true for business people discussing sensitive or secret matters between the parties.

But, again, technology and software is not the problem.  Defining the market and satisfying the ethics of recording two-way conversations is critical matters.  Don't you think?

Have a good day.

Thank you.

I do not feel there will be any legal implications for building this software applications. But i will still forward my questions to mobile service providers.

Consumers get cellular service from any one of those service providers
on their wireless handsets.

The Mobile service providers will built this service from software
development vendors i.e. The consumer will access the Secured Web application where all the calls are recorded and played as per the date and time. The data for each consumer will be kept strictly confidential as the application data will be secured, and in encrypted form (SSL).
The consumer has to pay to the Mobile Service providers for accessing and consuming this service.

Mobile Application built on the wireless cell phone / smartphone device by the Software Development vendors via Mobile service providers. The consumer has to approach the Mobile service providers for building the mobile application on their wireless device. The mobile application will log all calls (incoming and outgoing) i.e. physically the audio/sound files will be created and stored on the cell phone memory.

The Software Development vendor will charge the Mobile service provider for building this Software applications in both of the above solutions offered.

1. For both the solutions, the consumer approaching the Software development vendor directly for building this application on his/her wireless device without approaching the Mobile service providers has to be studied.

After getting feedback from Cellular service providers, the picture will become more clearer.

2. There could be technological challenges for building this web, mobile applications.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Regarding security, in the USA and most European countries (I don't know the rules in India) if you are going to record a live telephone conversation the caller must be alerted that the call will be recorded so they can decide whether to proceed or not.  If you record a voice conversation without this acknowledgement you are subject to penalties by law.

Also, I think a great additional feature as previously noted is a 'voice to text' option so that the contents may be read rather than listened to.  This is an attractive feature for those commuting by bus, train, taxi or airplane.  Don't you think?

Good work.  Have a terrific day.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota