Electronics/Multiple CNG Cylinders in Automobiles.

Dear ZZ‎

Is it possible to install Multiple (More than one) CNG Cylinders in Automobiles  viz Medium and Heavy Vehicles viz Cars, Jeeps, Trucks, Lorries etc?.

I Feel the advantages would be double the Fuel storage capacity
in a automobile where in case one CNG Cylinder gets exhausted then automatically switching to the other CNG Cylinder as input Fuel source for the automobile.

Limitations could be the space required to fix the other extra CNG cylinder in the automobile ?.

Can this Limitation could be overcome in making space available for installation of another CNG Cylinder in the vehicle ?.

In terms of safety purposes do you recommend to have multiple CNG Cylinders in a automobile ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

As the above url points out there is some controversy regarding safety of multiple tanks.

From a purely engineering point of view I think it is a trivial matter to install and implement.

But, I am not an expert in this particular field and express it only as on opinion.

Hope this helps.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota