Electronics/Lasers

Question
QUESTION: I purchased a few laser pointers which I think all will require AAA batteries. For a visual effect I am working on I'd like to turn them all on at the same time. Would it be an easy task to run wires out of he back of them to a battery source and switch to power them all at once?

ANSWER: Sounds easy and simple to do.

However, don't aim the laser beams at persons or moving objects with driver or pilot where momentary blindness may happen.  You could end up in jail for a very long time.

May I ask the purpose of your multi-laser blast of coherent light?

QUESTION: Well honestly I want to produce my own system of light therapy  for my hairloss. I got laser light of a certain wavelength and intensity. The main thing would be turning them all on at the same time, producing the right amount of power (and finding a place to hold all the batteries) and taping the buttons down so that circuit is closed.

ANSWER: Very good.  I am not familiar with this type of therapy.

Powering the lasers with them all tied together and hooked up to a battery pack is no problem. F or a switch you can use a toggle that will switch all at once and stay ON until you toggle it OFF.  To get fancy you could use a timer to have them switched on for the amount of time required.

Single pole on/off toggle is cheap:
http://www.parts-express.com/spst-heavy-duty-toggle-switch-with-screw-terminals-

Wishing you the best.

QUESTION: I guess this type of therapy is hopeful enough but the professional laser light helmets they sell go for over $500 which is ridiculous if I can get laser pointers for $3.00 each. I am not electronically savy. My main issues is knowing where to buy wire, what grade, and how to properly attach it within the cavity of the laser pointer's battery entry.  I might be able to figure everything else out after that.

Answer
You can buy wire in short lengths and small gauge at Radio Shack and other electronic parts stores.  At Home Depot or Lowes you can buy bell wire in small packages which may be adequate.

You can solder the wires to the terminals the battery connect to.  Then run them together keeping the plus and minus together.  The battery pack must be the same current capacity times the number of laser lights you are using.  If the lights are running on AAA cells you must have the number of cells that equal the number of lights in order to have the same current capacity to each laser light.  

PS: For convenience they used to make a dummy battery with leads coming out so you could hook up an external battery pack.  I don't know where to find such a thing but I know they are around.  You can google shop for them.  Also, some experimenters make them out of a piece wooden dowel and fit a terminal in each end with the wire soldered or screwed in to it.

Good Luck.  

Electronics

ZZ