Electronics/Building construction without Staircase.

Dear ZZ

Is it possible to construct a Building i.e. residential or commercial complex without Staircase ?. Is it feasible to built ?.

The people will always use Lifts / elevators instead of alternative of staircase.

i.e. The space occupied by the staircase will be replaced by additional Lifts / elevators.

What are the pros (advantages) and cons (disadvantages) if such a building model is constructed without staircase (if feasible) ?.

Examples : 10 floor commercial complex, 6 floor residential complex etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Didn't I answer this question previously?

Their are reasons to enjoy and appreciate stairs in some cases.

Some buildings have structures that bend and leave the elevator shaft inoperative in cases of strong winds or earthquake; therefore,  breakout  places are needed to allow for exiting of human bodies on upper floors.

I know of no buildings with 6 floors or more that do not have stairs; that is not to say the technology may change that.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota