Electronics/Automobiles Detecting Electronic Traffic Signboards

Question
Traffic Signs
Traffic Signs  
Dear ZZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_sign‎

Is it possible to convert the existing Traffic signs into electronic traffic signs so that Automobiles viz cars, trucks, buses, jeeps can play the Traffic sign within their built in internal speaker at a distance ?.

For example :

The transmitter / sensor in Electronic Traffic sign boards will pass the Radio frequency signals and this will be detected by the automobile receiver electronics at a distance. The receiver sensor within the automobile will pay the respective sound files example  : "Zebra crossing ahead", "Go Slow, School Ahead", "Drive slow, Dangerous curve ahead" etc

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Good idea in concept but I am thinking it is a difficult infrastructure to put together.  What do you think?  Have you given thought to how to get all those signs standardized with highway departments and their location, installation and maintenance?  And, adding the receiver - detectors into the automobiles and vehicles?

Let me know how it is progressing.......  

Electronics

ZZ