Electronics/power supply for telephones

Question
As you can tell by my question I am electronically challenged, but is it normal for my vteh telephone to have a switching power supply?

Answer
Nothing wrong with a switching power supply. It has many advantages for both the user and for the manufacturer.

The manufacturer likes them because they can be used for different voltages that are used throughout the world.

The consumer likes them because they donot have heavy metal transformers in them and can be tucked away out of the way.

Why do you ask? Is there a problem with them that you don't like?  

Electronics

ZZ