Electronics/Left Hand and Right Hand Drive Trains.

Question
Dear ZZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic

Similar to there are Left hand and Right Hand Drive Vehicles in different countries, is this also applicable to trains ?.
Similarly the Traffic signs positions accordingly will also vary ?.

i.e

The Motorman sits on the left hand side in the cabin for Train operations  in some countries ?.
Or
The Motorman sits on the right hand side in the train cabin for Train operations  in some countries ?.
Or
Is a Universal rule applied in all countries where there will be always
motorman sitting on Left hand side or right hand side in the cabin ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Don't know but very little about this field of inquiry.  Many trains, such as passenger trams and narrow gauge commuter trains are narrow enough that the cabin does not require an differentiation.

In Switzerland whilst traveling their in person I noticed obedience signage on both sides of the track.  I cannot answer for other locations.

That's about all I can offer you this time.  

Electronics

ZZ