Electronics/Portable telescope manufacturing business startup.

Question
Dear ZZ

Can portable telescope manufacturing business be a good Business startup co?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
don't know much about this field except it is a highly diversified market place.

technology wise the plain systems using just optical lens is straight forward business with nothing new.  Some of the handheld telescopes are newly interesting but it is a small field.

I suppose the biggest market, just my guess, is for astronomers and students who are interested in the field.  The next group are hunters, hikers, bikers and outdoor lovers.

The business now is mostly specialty shops, department stores, sports shops and professional suppliers.

I don't see much of an opportunity as an independent, wholly devoted manufacturing business due to the many manufacturers already in the business.  Maybe merger and buyouts is the way to go with a business venture in this category.

Electronics is advancing with automatic tracking and star identification software, etc. so this may be a new area of interest but it needs market research for sure.

Good Luck.  

Electronics

ZZ