Electronics/Touch screen tuner in radio Receiver.

Question
Dear ZZ

Is it possible to design and Construct a touch screen tuner in radio Receiver?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Sorry for the delay.

Yes, I think it is possible to add touch screen capability to a radio.  There is no engineering reason why it could not be done.  But for what purpose?  What would the screen touching icons do?

In a sense we already have such products available in that some smartphones and tablets have radio functions included in their design.

I don't know if you have iheart app available in India. Iheart radio is an app that allows tuning into many radio stations throughout the world and will work with most smartphones and tablets.

http://news.iheart.com/features/get-the-iheartradio-app-240/

Hope this helps.  

Electronics

ZZ