Electronics/Mobile phone charging in Heavy Vehicles.

Question
QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Is it possible to charge Mobile phones in Heavy Vehicles viz Buses, Trucks, Tempos, Vans etc ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Sorry, sir, I do not know a clear answer to your question.

But, so long as the heavy duty vehicle has a place to tap into the battery system, such as a cigarette lighter port or in come cases vehicles have special outlet for 120v ac or 220v ac.

Some charging circuits for smartphones that can accept voltages other than 12v dc input, as many large heavy duty vehicles use 24v or even 48v systems.

In general, if the smartphone or mobile product can be charged with 12v it is no different than other vehicles.

I think there are some manufacturers who make adaptor chargers that will work on any power source.

Cheers.

QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Thanks.

Can it be extended to any location
in the bus I.e. not necessary near the driver seat but passenger seats?. I.e. Multiple outlets.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
It is a function of wiring. The outlet for plugging into can be installed at any location within the vehicle.  For example in a large size passenger van their are outlets in the front, midway back and one at the very back end of the vehicle.

That is here in the USA; don't know about other countries rules.  

Electronics

ZZ