Electronics/DO YOU CARE

(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: is there any difference is lithium and alkaline batteries?

if there is any difference, would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot is it?

Sorry for the delay; been busy.

Battery chemistry differs from each other depending on the chemicals used.  

There is a great difference between lithium and alkaline.  For example they produce slightly different voltages.  And the lithium hold more electrical power for the same volume sized battery.  And, lithium is usually more expensive due to its chemistry.  

Lithium are used often in cameras and other devices that require sort burst of high current; lithium batteries have low internal resistance and can produce higher outputs than most alkalines.

Alkaline are very popular in toys and other devices that require long term running and user doesn't mind replacing them frequently.  Some toy class alkaline batteries are very low cost.

Some lithium batteries can be recharged when using the correct recharger but alkaline are generally not suitable for recharging.

They are generally not interchangeable in typical products that use them.  Lithium is considered a toxic material and special disposal procedures are given by most legal authorities.  Whereas alkaline batteries can be discarded easily.

Here below is a link with some further difference that may be of interest to you.

Please read through the above link and then let me know if you have further questions for me.

Cheers down under.  

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota