Electronics/Escalator Limitations.

Question
Dear ZZ

Are there Escalator Limitations regarding it is not recommended above a certain height for Security reasons?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
I don't know about the regulations from experience and I could not find anything on google about it.

I am inclined to say the limitation is a function of the engineering report where the nature of the ground or surrounding material is suitable for long upward escalators and the materials used can withstand the rigor of the moving staircase parts and apparatus.  As you know escalators are made in various step sizes and widths and weight carrying capacities; there are many engineering considerations when evaluating a proposal for this kind of a project.

Washington DC has some of the longest/tallest escalators in the world.

http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post/23038/what-are-the-10-longest-metro-esc

Hope this helps.

Electronics

ZZ