Electronics/LCD Panel in Bus.

Question
QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Is it possible to display the
Bus stops names on LCD panel in
a moving Bus?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: The answer is Yes!

Let me suggest this book if you want lots of detailed information relating to this question:

Use of Electronic Passenger Information Signage in Transit
By Carol L. Schweiger

You can download this in pdf form at:

http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/tcrp/tcrp_syn_104.pdf

And I recommend you start your study at about page 10 and go for another 20 pages.

Also, refer to the wiki page here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_information_system

Realizing that all the signage discussed in the link above could be LCD panels or any other type of panel that displays the information.

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Thanks.

My query was is it possible to display Bus stops names on LCD display panel in a moving Bus which is installed Inside the Bus ?.

As examples Sebastian Park, Trentbridge, Mark College are some Bus stops names where Bus halts for the passengers to board or leave the Bus.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
And the answer is yes.  The signage for buses can be LCD or LED or paint on a panel. The technology for displaying it in/on a moving bus is the same.  The bus route is given with the stops clearly known in advance so the signage is prefabricated and the only technology required is to switch the sign lettering to the one appropriate for the next stop.

And, some bus companies intermix the station/stop information with advertisements.

Doing well today, I hope.  

Electronics

ZZ