Electronics/Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition.

Question
QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Is it possible to provide Electronic Security Lock for Aeroplane Ignition system startup with a password?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Wow, you are really thinking alot about PW protection systems!

First off, I don't see a need for PW protection of the airplane operational system.

Why?  An airplane is generally kept in a hanger environment where building and air park entry is required.  The doors to the plane are lock and key as well as ignition, etc.  There is not, in most circumstances no need for a redundant security system in my view.

In face PW protection in this instance could turn into a insecure method.  My opinion only.

QUESTION: Dear ZZ

Thanks.

Is it possible to provide Electronic Security Lock with strong password for Helicopters Ignition system?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes, it is always possible.

It may not be a good idea, it may not provide any benefit. Or, there may be a debate among the users, owners and lessee as to any purposes to achieve, but there are no engineering or technical hurdles to overcome in designing such as security device.  

Electronics

ZZ