Electronics/Steering wheel security Lock.

Question
Dear ZZ

Is it possible to provide Electronic lock for steering wheel in four Wheelers with a password?.

Can it enhanced Security in the vehicle from thefts?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes, technology to accomplish it is not a road block as adding that feature is not difficult but must be designed in order to add value.

It is not a good feature to have in my opinion. Why?  If an automobile needs a password then it makes it difficult matter when the car must be driven by a third party that does not have the PW.  You could make the entry USB or smartphone accessible but decreases security in that WiFi is traceable by hacker and third party user can give the code away to outsider.

I don't see how an electronic locking system utilizing a password would be a good objective.

What kind of implementation were you thinking?

Electronics

ZZ