Electronics/Meaning of the term Master-Slave in a set of generators

QUESTION: Dear Expert,
In a set of generators, what is the meaning of the term Master-Slave?

ANSWER: Don't  know how advanced you want but refer to the following link, page 4, please:

QUESTION: Dear Expert,
Thanks a lot for your link, but it doesn´t explain what “Master-Slave” is in a set of generators.
Your link only shows an example but doesn´t explain the concept.
I do not need a particular example; I need an explanation of the concept, something that applies to all set of generators.
Please explain what is the meaning of the term Master-Slave in a set of generators.
Thank you.

I do not know any more than was in the link I sent you.
I am an electronics engineer, not an electrical machinery engineer.
Sorry I cannot help you without doing considerable research to educate myself.
The idea behind Master-Slave is one generator which is locked to the others through a controller which syncs their operation.

May I suggest you try other allexperts in the electrical area?

Perhaps Will at the above link can help you. Best wishes.

Electronics questions about AC, DC and digital theory.

Graduate electrical engineer with over 40 years in electronic design, manufacturing, project organization and patent review. Experience in fields of industrial and consumer electronics (audio, video, acoustics, etc.)

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers); Senior Life member AES (Audio Engineering Society), Fellow Life member

BSEE University of North Dakota