Elementary Educators/Are you allowed to read book to elementary students

Are you allowed to read book to elementary students in the United States that is written in British English and is specially designed use in the United Kingdom, not the United States. A British Elementary schoolteacher can legally read this in the classroom in the United Kingdom under British law.

I'm very sure that the teacher can read any book appropriate for children at that grade level.
Do not worry, this is a free country.  Our citizens only object to writings that describe immorality, violence, hideous things or one-sided political or religious views.  But, for instance, any book that helps create understanding of politics or religions would be alright.

Elementary Educators

Marsha Cunningham

My expertise is in 1st-3rd grade, I specialize in beginning reading and writing, but I teach drawing and painting first to help students gain confidence. I also use jigsaw puzzle strategy to teach concentration as a subject and enlist parents to keep their children away from scary movies,among other things,which cause nightmares, sleep deprivation and low test scores!

I have taught K-3 for 24 years, given in-service to parents and teachers and presented at reading conferences. To see my children's art work and examples of improved test scores go to

Elementary Clear