Email/email help and accounts

Question
Hi, I'm actually writing this to you from my daughter's email.  I have been having a ton of difficulty with getting an email address set up for me.  Sites like Microsoft, yahoo and gmail all require inputting an already existing email address, not to mention mobile phone #, which I don't even own. I recently moved in with my BF because I was kicked out of my appt. and I'm not about to use his phone # or land line because I won't be staying here forever and our relationship is rocky. The fact is I've gotten to a place in life where I need the email account for so many things. How do I get one? When I was younger I had one ages ago through my dad's work and there was no need to input an already existing email or phone #. What's with this? What ca I do?

Answer
Hello Kath,

thanks for your question.

I looked into the problem for you and suggest the following workaround:

1) Register a free email address at www.mail.com there entering a mobile number is optional.
2) When registering the gmail account enter the email address you registered in 1) as secondary email address.
3) Try if you can do without mobile phone number, if you can't enter a dummy "fake" one, since the verify email never gets to you it should be no issue.
4) See if you can remove the mobile number from your profile once you completed registration
If not just leave it the way it is.

Please give me feedback whether that worked out.

Thanks in advance and all the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege