Email/XP and IE9

Question
On October 6, I sent a question to you regarding a problem I was having with Yahoo mail.  I never heard from you, but I didn't send the question again because I figured out some of the answer on my own.

The problem appears to be connected to those of us who are using IE8 (or lower), and the recommendation is to upgrade to IE9.

I have windows XP, though, and have read that IE( is not compatible with Windows XP.

Is that true?  If so, I'll have to use another browser, and I'm not wild about Firefox.  What do you know about Google Chrome?

I hope to hear from you this time.

Thank you very much.

Answer
Hello there.

AllExperts works this way, that if some expert is not sure about the answer, he can put it into a pool where all experts have access to , so then the question is most lilely used by a different expert. Sometimes I also access the pool and take a look if I can answer a questions moved to the pool by others.

Yes.It's true The latest version for XP is Internet Explorer 8. Reason is also that Microsoft has already announced the end of life of XP after 13 years in April 2014. So you really should consider moving to a newer Windows like 7 or 8 anyway.

Personally, I prefer Opera browser as my main one. Its engine is based on Chrome and never had any of the problems you described with it.

Hope this helps.

If you have further questions feel free to ask!

All the best!
Joerg Droege

Email

Joerg Droege