Email/Email question.

I would like to ask you a question. I use Windows XP, Opera browser version 12.14. Every time I check the email account, the dialog window "Default email client" appears to ask me:

"Do you want to use Opera email as default mail client?"
There are two options: YES or NO
And one little box saying: "Do not show this message next time."

What from the alternatives mentioned above should I use and why?
Is there also a way how to change it in the case of need?

Thank you very much for your time and answer.

ANSWER: Helo John

thanks for your question!

The message means that you have 2 or more email client programs installed on your PC (e.g. Opera Mail which is part of the Opera Browser and Outlook, etc).

Sometimes programs detect that and ask if you wanna change your mind as the program who asks is not the primary program

So the answer depends on what you use for checking your emails:

Do you use web mailing so login into a homepage to check your emails? Then it doesn't matter.

Do you use an email client program to check your emails that isn't Opera Mail?
Then the answer is NO

Do you use Opera Mail email client to check your emails? Then the answer is YES.

"Do not show this message next time." ----> It remembers your choice.

Hope this helps!
All the best!

QUESTION: Hello Sir.

Thank you very much for your answer and time. I really appreciate it.

I would like to ask you a question. I have Windows 7.
Should cookies be enabled or disabled? And why and HOW in internet explorer and opera? What types of cookies are there?

I have some issue. My cookies are enabled and nevertheless I can not sign to my post account at the address

I have tried it several times, BUT ONLY after the SECOND time I can sign it to my account, BUT I must type the password twice, even if my cookies are enabled and disabled. I tried it also on Windows XP and the result is the same. Is the server not working?
Can you tell me why is it so and how to fix it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hello again.

Cookies are small txt files that are stored in the browser directory and save login data- so in this case it should be enabled in most cases. If you still cannot login, empty the browser cache, that should fix it (google for it)

Hope this helps again :)

All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.