Email/spam virus?

QUESTION: Hi,  lately ive been getting a lot of spam in my spam folder bearing the names of the people on my facebook friends list,. Do u think it could be a virus in my facebook or somewhere else? I use yahoo mail

ANSWER: Hello Barry,
thanks for your question!

What kind of spam messages you receive? An example please.

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

QUESTION: I delete them as i am going but i believe most of them are for things like viagra

Hello again,

no, most likely just those email addresses of your friends have been spread over the internet somehow. spammers use illegal email cds as sources or use programs to spider the web for email addresses they can use to spam. This is why nowadays most people write email addresses on homepage different like e.g. myemail[at] instead of using the AT sign.

Hope this gives you some insight!
All the best!

Joerg Droege

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics, I am using the Opera browser since year 2000 & the M2 email client since 2004. I will do my best to answer also other email related questions and email client settings related, etc. But please no Outlook or Outlook Express questions, since I do not use that. (But if you really want to ask in that field, I will sure do try my best to answer your question nicely and correctly anyway :) ). This includes but is not limited to web based email or whatever comes to your mind.

I am a Management Assistant in Informatics education which was done under the control of the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry). And had to solve various PC, email and other related problems. Using computers since 1990.