Email/spam virus?

Question
QUESTION: Hi,  lately ive been getting a lot of spam in my spam folder bearing the names of the people on my facebook friends list,. Do u think it could be a virus in my facebook or somewhere else? I use yahoo mail
Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Barry,
thanks for your question!

What kind of spam messages you receive? An example please.

Thanks in advance!
All the best!
Joerg

QUESTION: I delete them as i am going but i believe most of them are for things like viagra

Answer
Hello again,

no, most likely just those email addresses of your friends have been spread over the internet somehow. spammers use illegal email cds as sources or use programs to spider the web for email addresses they can use to spam. This is why nowadays most people write email addresses on homepage different like e.g. myemail[at]address.com instead of using the AT sign.

Hope this gives you some insight!
All the best!
Joerg

Email

Joerg Droege